This is me.
I've Been Scribbling

I'm embarrassed that I forgot to update my blog last Monday.

I got so excited over a shirt design I'm doing that I dropped some other activities. I've been sketching since last Sunday.

As a reward --- peace offering? --- for waiting around, dear Reader, here's how the uncolored draft looks like:

The concept goes "Sidekicks: Real Power Comes From God Alone".

It's actually for our church's Sunday School t-shirt. I've been tinkering a bit with the light rays and the bird's position. I hope to get this colored and sent for printing by next week.

I normally don't watermark my drawings --- they look better without my nickname emblazoned in big ugly letters --- but repeated thefts of my work have changed my mind. They were never a big deal; I knew most people didn't do it intentionally. It wasn't worth troubling myself about.

Getting accused of stealing my own work last month was the final straw though. The whole experience disgusted me, and caused a lot of stress. Thus, some of my drawings will now sport ugly but light lettering.

Happily, I won't be putting them on everything. They won't be going on stuff that have been resized considerably, or have been clearly copyrighted.

Moving on to less serious topics, I also doodled a lot, and went through my sketchbooks for ideas.

I'm not sure if I got any great ideas. I did enjoy the doodling though.

Random doodles

And here's a hurried sketch of a tower in Belgium from my last Europe trip. It's not really that great, but it did bring back great memories.

There were lots of windows.

I guess that's it for now.

Looking back on the first half of my summer vacation, I can't believe how much I got done. I got in touch with God, worked a bit, had fun with family and friends; and just had a cool time. All I can say is "Thank you, God!" and "WOW!"

I'll be spending some time finishing work and learning a few programs this month. I hope it turns out really well.

'Til next time!

Daisy on 5/08/2008 05:25:00 PM