This is me.
I Love College

That's the way I feel after work.

Not that I dislike work. I love it, in fact. I love beating a deadline and getting things done right. Getting things done wrong isn't all bad either, since I still have a lot to learn. I even like working overtime as long as it doesn't happen every day.

But what I really hate about work is how it encroaches on your time. It's so easy for work to become my life, and I find that scary. I'd like my work to define me but I'd also like to have a bit of a life --- a hobby, actual meals with family and friends, and a great relationship with God --- outside this "primary" occupation.

"It can be balanced, you know," my Mom commented.

I hope so. Because I don't want to wake up one day, and realize I've spent fifteen-hour days in the office. For the past thirty years.

On a more playful note, here's one of the things that can lessen stress after a day at the office:

Reese, the little doggie

I have a new appreciation for this dog's giddy welcome every time I finish a day working. It fills my insides with ecstacy and glittery sequins.

Daisy on 4/17/2008 07:10:00 PM