This is me.
When Seeing A Movie

It was 2 am. My cousins and I were watching a movie in the dark.

I guess the time, the place, and the excitable company are the only reasons we reacted the way we did.

In other words, we got scared of a totally un-scary movie.

I mean, look what we were watching.

"Can I sit here, Ahia* Ken?" Jonny asked as he sat so far back that he squeezed Ken's legs.

"Sure," Ken answered a little uncomfortably.

The movie's background music started to rise in volume. Then the heroine screamed.

And so did everyone else in the room.

"RUNNNNNNNNN!"

"TO THE LEFT! I MEAN, THE RIGHT!"

"SOMEONE HELP HER! HOW ABOUT THAT OTHER GUY; HE'S THE FATHER!"

"OH MY GOSH!"

Five of us stopped yelling as the action got more intense. Everyone was riveted.

Jonny was still screaming though.

"GET IN! GET IN! YES, GET IN THE TUNNEL! OH MAN, SHE'S GOING TO MEET THAT GUY ON THE OTHER END!"

"Think positively, Jonny," my other cousin quipped.

"OH, THERE'S THE GUY! I TOLD YOU!" He moaned sympathetically until the heroine was surrounded by stocky muscled villains.

"OH NOOOOO, THERE ARE GUNS INVOLVED! OH, OH, THEY'RE NOT GOING TO USE THE GUN! AAAAAAH!" Jonny was practically apoplectic. The rest of us just couldn't take it anymore.

"JONNY, SHUSH!"

Pause.

"Oh. Sorry." Silence reigned once more.

What can I say? We're pretty enthusiastic.

* This means older brother in our Chinese dialect.

Daisy on 2/26/2008 06:21:00 PM