This is me.
Really Busy Week

So where have I been?
a) hibernating on my study table

b) playing Nintendo DS with friends

c) thinking about the distribution of contraceptives

d) all of the above
I bet most people would bank their answers on a).

But no, it's actually d) all of the above.

First, the hibernating. I've gone through two or three sleepless nights since I last posted. I had to cut out almost everything else I was doing to catch up with school. Partly because schoolwork was really piling up; partly because of Elise.

She's the one in the middle.

It was worth it though to finally meet up with a good friend my sister and I haven't seen in eight years. The first words we all said were "We're so grown-up now!"

Which we were, considering that we were all tomboys last we saw each other. And now, well, Elise and I were wearing dresses.

We went out shopping --- which amused us since we never would have done so eight years back --- and just talked non-stop for a day and a half. In between eating and the few hours we slept, of course.

We also did a few of the same kiddie things though. We still had fun playing video games --- thus, the Nintendo DS --- and we still read a lot of books. It was a blast.

And now, she's back home half a world away. And we're all studying again.

Oh, and the contraceptives? That was a 26-page paper I was doing on reproductive health in the Philippines (read: one of the sleepless nights).

I guess that's about it for now. Until the next post (Sunday) then!

Daisy on 8/13/2008 10:49:00 AM