This is me.
Under The Weather

I got sick.

I've been having the sniffles, the coughs, and other unmentionable things.

My standbys: tissue, a glass of water, and medicine

I also had to give up my breakfast cereal in normal milk because it's been making me even sicker. I had no idea I was mildly lactose-intolerant. I was allergic to cow's milk as a kid, but I thought I'd gotten over that.

Sigh.

Moving on from my inconsequential troubles, I'm not the only one who's gotten under the weather. Look what a typhoon did to this ship for starters. (You can read more about this here.)

Uh-huh, that's a capsized ship.
(Screenshot off news coverage in TV Patrol, a local news show.)

Loads of people are still missing; some people have lost their whole families on that ship. The unsuccessful rescue attempts and legal battles ensuing between the shipping company and the rest of the world are also depressing to read about.

I've actually ridden this particular vessel quite a few times with friends, so it's freaky to see it like that. I'm just so glad that no one I know was on the ship.

Though a good friend of mine did end up on another local ferry that collided with an oil tanker last week. Thankfully, she's fine though a bit shaken.

This all definitely doesn't put Philippine domestic transport in a good light. Hope things get better quickly.

I will post more when I feel a bit better. Take care, everyone!

Daisy on 7/03/2008 06:37:00 PM