This is me.
Be Sounds Almost Like Pee

Note: I'm back! But the pictures from the trip aren't ready yet, so thought I'd just post a funny conversation we had on the trip. Take care!

The Main Characters
(Or Allie, Daphy, and me)

Allie sighed.

"I want to pee with someone," she announced. Daphy (my sister) and I looked at each other.

"Well," I ventured. "You could use that bottle over there if you don't feel like going to the bathroom. I'll volunteer to empty it first." We were on an overnight boat trip for a Bible conference in another part of the country. It was understandable why she didn't feel like using the public bathroom stalls. They didn't even have locks, and I had seen a few cockroaches the last time I used them.

Allie laughed, and hugged the bottle. She mimed sleeping beside the bottle. Daphy just looked at her thoughtfully.

"Seriously, if you really want to go to the bathroom, I could come," I offered.

"I could come too," Daphy added.

"But why would I want to go to the bathroom?" Allie asked.

"To pee," Daphy answered.

"Yeah, we'd go with you," I said.

"But I don't want to pee."

"What do you mean you don't want to pee?" Daphy asked. "You just said so."

"I didn't say I wanted to pee," Allie protested.

"Yes, you did."

"Uh-huh, just now!"

"No, I didn't!"

"You said you wanted to pee with someone!"

"No, I said I wanted to be with someone!"

There was a pause.

"Pee?" Daphy asked timidly.

"No, be. B. B. Beeeeeeee," Allie said. "I wanted to beee with someone. I don't like being alone."

"Oh, she wanted to be with someone," Daphy told me loudly. We thought about the whole debacle in silence.

"So that's why you told me to use the bottle," Allie mumbled.

We all started to laugh.

Daisy on 6/03/2008 11:01:00 AM