This is me.
Joy

I was having a short chat with Soham Das, a fellow Post to Post member, when he mentioned that his joy came from photography. I don't know many people who go around talking about their sources of joy, so that was pretty interesting.

And it got me thinking: what is my joy?

Aside from acting like a kid now and then.
1) My relationship with God. I can't explain the overwhelming happiness I get out of this. Knowing Someone up there loves me so much and will continue to do so no matter what I do is freeing. It's my reason for getting up each morning.

2) Learning Chemical Engineering things. I've chosen to be happy about every bit of information I can wring out of my college major. I'm learning new interesting things that force my mind to stretch its capacities. Yes, it's challenging and sometimes tiring. The positives outweigh the negatives though; what's not to like about that?

3) My family and friends. They strengthen me, and remind me to loosen up a little. They're just always there.

4) My pets. My dogs. My cat. The way animals get really excited about the little things --- like how my dogs will go crazy with excitement when I get home from school --- reminds me to enjoy every bit of life.

5) My graphic design hobby. I've always been passionate about my art. Even before I cracked open that 800-page Adobe Photoshop manual that led me to where I am now.
Making that list has made me even more grateful for the things I have now.

So, dear Reader. What's your joy?

Daisy on 8/03/2008 10:39:00 PM