This is me.
Rats On The Brain


Out of the blue, my sister and mother suggested watching the last show of Ratatouille in the mall last Monday. It was a very spur-of-the-moment thing. And it was great.

Maybe not the best movie I've seen, but much better than what I've seen in a long time.

Or maybe it's just because it's about food and cooking. Most everyone who knows me (or visits my blog) know I love topics like that.

The animation was good. The rats (Remy and company) were extremely cute! The settings were very well-drawn; I sometimes forgot I was watching an animated film.

The plot was also very original. I mean, who'd think of bringing out a movie on a rat who wanted to become a chef in a restaurant? And then teaming up with a chef who can't cook to follow his dreams?

Disney and Pixar did, apparently.

Anyway, I enjoyed it a lot and I'll probably be getting the DVD when it's out. There are movie stills and a complete spoiler-filled synopsis of the plot here.

Unsurprisingly, I seem to have Ratatouille on the brain this week. I started sketching a rat cooking in a kitchen. I'm adding some shadows and extra stuff to it. I'll post it here and in my DeviantArt account when it's finished.

For now, here's the sketch without any colors.


I wish I could work on it non-stop but midterms are coming up next week. So I'll have to put it on hold again.

Studying first so I can do the rest of the things I want to do. :)

Well, I just wanted to make a quick update. I have to head to my grandmother's house now. Bye!

Daisy on 8/05/2007 06:29:00 PM