This is me.
The Week I Didn't Blog

Yes, that's me in basketball mode. Feast your eyes on my sweaty, athletic self and be shocked.

That's how most everyone reacted anyway when they heard about it.

It all started with KD (my cousin / adopted little brother) asking me if I wanted to learn how to play. It was just a random question that popped into his head. Since he started getting excited about the idea, I gave him my random answer: yes. Now those who know me know that I have a body that runs (away) at the sight of exercise. Walking is fine (especially if there's something good at the end like the cheesecake KD and I once walked twelve blocks for), and so is the occasional twenty-five laps in a swimming pool. Other than that, I'm just your average lazy bag of potatoes.

But really, how could I refuse? And... it was FUN! I'm nowhere as good as any of the others and have zero chances of getting into basketball for a living --- as if I wanted to --- but there's a certain joy in getting multiple shots in a row. Besides, playing with my cousins is a gas. We're playing again this weekend.

Anyway, we made macaroons in Chemical Process Industries lab last week. I hear this is not a usual thing since we're supposed to be making more chemically-created things like shampoo and ice cream (more about this later). We just couldn't see all our grated coconut from the oil we made go to waste though so...

Aren't they pretty?

My artist side appreciated the prettiness and the bright colors of the paper cups. My stomach just appreciated the slightly wet crunch of dessicated coconut with butter and raisins. Mmmm.

This was all Arn2's treat since her birthday had been coming up (then). Here she is with her improvised cake.


It wasn't really supposed to be a cake but a batch of macaroons in cute paper cups lined up. Unfortunately, we put too much batter and the macaroons rose and rose and ROSE until they stuck together like so.

We like to think they knew it was her birthday so they did it just for her.

Anyway, our teacher seemed to like the idea of making food from extra materials, so in lab today, a bunch of extra egg whites turned into an omelet with tomatoes and spring onions. People are starting to say that our class is taking the C out of ChE (short for Chemical Engineering) and turning it into Home Economics. Ha. Ha. Ha. OK, this is where you laugh at the attempt at a joke.

By the way, this is all in chronological order you understand. So many things happened during the last week (a.k.a. the exam week I didn't blog) that I'm trying to cram all the good bits into this post.

Last Sunday's breakfast bears mentioning. If nothing else, because I have photos of what I ate. :D

BREAKFAST!

It was good. Light fluffy eggs, lighter and fluffier pancakes, crunchy bacon... You get the idea. And I finished it too!

Eating copious amounts does not mean I get to waste whatever's on my plate. Leftover food would look pretty lonely anyway. All alone on a large white plate. Better in my stomach with the other food. They can party.

We made ice cream in school this week! It was cool, sure, but it was also tiring. We spent almost six hours straight in the lab making the thing. We also had a really major exam after our free time so most of the day was spent studying, mixing, studying, mixing... We moved to Joni's house when the lab closed since we weren't finished yet. Except for Henri though, which is why she is not in this picture.

the ice cream makers minus one

Oh, and guess what! Remember that blog design I submitted for a photography contest held by friends? (If you don't know what I'm talking about, I forgive you since I mentioned it about a month ago. It's mentioned here.) Anyway, it won first place! I didn't know they were planning to give prizes out (simple ones, you understand since no one donated any money for the competition), and told them they didn't have to send it. Apparently, they still did.


I got a postcard a new sock for my phone in a cute girly color. It's a nice memento from my internet friends. :)

This is getting pretty long so I'll just end with the parties I attended last night. Anyway, my cousin Ken on my father's side and my Aunt Carmen on my mother's side decided to celebrate their birthdays on the same night. Not wanting to miss anything --- We love them both oodles. --- we jumped from one party to the next.

Suffice to say, they were very touched at the effort and my sister and I got to eat unhealthily enormous amounts of food. I think I ate about four full plates of food and drowned everything in a hot cup of tea. I will not be eating that much again in a long time.

all mine though not everything I ate yet

Sorry for the long post, people. I will attempt to write shorter and more regularly since exams are over. See you next time!

Daisy on 7/19/2007 01:32:00 PM