This is me.
School, skin requests, yada yada yada

OK, so I've finally gotten around to posting.

As usual, I've been bogged down by schoolwork, real work (finished, thank God), skin requests, and a bunch of other stuff I do outside the internet world.

some cool Chemistry stuff I've been doing in school

I also broke down this week from lack of sleep and extreme busyness. I really need to work on my time management more.

Then there was the food part:

my cooking

I cooked up a pork and broccoli dish from scratch. And I mean scratch. I basically ran left and right while the goodies simmered in the pan, and dumped in whatever looked good to me. So it ended up with a lot of different spices, and even a little wine. Amazingly, it turned out good.

I wish I could cook more but school comes first.

tiramisu gelato

My Mom and I went shopping last Wednesday, and I ended up with a cup of good gelato. At least, I thought it was good. My Mom found it too sweet while I thought it was just fine. She did end up buying two or three pints of other gelato flavors she adored (would you believe there was durian?), and we toted them home for my durian-loving sister.

Plus my parents' 20th wedding anniversary just came and went. My parents were really sweet. They exchanged flowers, cards, and teddy bears, and even went on a date. It would be nice if they did that more often; I think they'd be much happier.

We did show up after their movie date for dinner though.

the porkchop I had at said dinner

OK, so food aside, I finally finished up Stacie's skin request for their class blog. If you've read my tagboard faithfully (which I'm sure no one has unless they were overly curious about my strange life), you'll find her asking me to do it. Anyway, it was one of the hardest skin requests I've done. Seriously.

I mean, she sent me a lot of pictures (of which I ended up using half because I got a headache trying to blend in ALL the pictures) and I spent a long time working on it. All through it, I was just praying "Dear God, give me ideas." or "Dear God, what do you think I should do with this?" And I think He really did help me.

Anyway, here's the final product. At least it's helped me practice my Photoshopping skills.


Speaking of skins, yes, my design is new. I got tired of the old one though I haven't really gotten around to submitting it yet. There was a preview error with it on Blogskins.com that I'm trying to get around. I don't know why it doesn't work.

Anyway, I also caught up (a little little bit) on my reading. I went through Wives & Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell and got really caught up in it. It's a wonderful story on love, family, and other lovely elements I always find in classic novels.

What frustrated me though is that there was no real ending. Not a cliffhanger or anything like that; the author died before she finished the book. I mean, there was an ending which the editor kind-of summarized since he had been told by the author how she was going to finish it. But obviously, there were no real details, no dialogue to moon over, or descriptive words to imagine the setting. And who can blame them actually? She died.

Sigh. I might just buy the DVD.

Daisy on 11/19/2006 05:18:00 PM