This is me.
Manila, & other things

What a stupid title. Oh well. :D

I'm back!

OK, so I've been back since Monday (or was it Sunday night?) but I've just been quite busy. Yes yes, too busy to blog. (hangs head down in shame) I've been practicing my violin for a special church meeting this Saturday. I'm already a little excited, and it was fun to spend time with some of my church buddies during the practices.

Anyway, Manila was really great. I got to hang out with my really cute cousins, eat good food (as always), shop a little, and help my Mom with whatever she thought to do.

So... the photos.

Us :)

the littlest cousin of all

We stayed with my cousins, and pretty much caught up with how they were doing. I really miss them, and their hugs and their laughter and their... OK, you get the idea.

I'd describe how hanging with them was like but I'm out of words. Suffice to say, my sister and I were drowned by oodles and oodles of cuteness and lovely memories to last us a while.

We went to a lot of places...

malls,

little Chinese shops in the Manila Chinatown,


and restaurants.

We mustn't forget restaurants. Of course, if you know me personally (or have read my blog for quite a while), you will get a sketchy idea that this post will not bypass the food I've eaten without descriptions.

We did have a lot of lovely meals. Or maybe I'm just easily pleased and the food wasn't that good, I don't know.

Look! Raw food!

This was part of a shabu-shabu meal we had with our cousins. To the uninitiated, shabu-shabu is cooking your own food before eating it in the restaurant. So there's a large plate of raw eatables (seafood, meat, cabbage, eggs, etc.), and you dump it into a cooking pot of sorts. This is heated by a stove attached under the table.

I've eaten this way a lot of times, but it just occured to me that this is probably the only place that you can't blame about the quality of the food you're eating. I mean, you cooked it, so you can't complain.

Just a random thought.

As usual, I cooked more than enough for myself and ended up appalingly full. Cool.

Another really good meal we had was in Robinson's Ermita with my aunt, my Mom, my sister, and one of their friends.


Everything was just right, and just... WOW. The fish wasn't too dry, and the chicken was good. I don't feel like describing all this much (and boring you, dear Reader, to tears), but I'd like to point out that I liked the tofu.

my sister eating said tofu

My aunt decided to call for tofu on the off-chance it was available. And it actually was. This evidently wasn't something to expect since the tofu in this restaurant was out-of-this-world, and ran out pretty quickly. So... yay us.

It was really soft and creamy which I did not expect. Sweet syrup was poured over it which made it quite good. And that's saying something from me since I really don't like tofu.

I also got the chance to get... what do you know... gummy bears!

I haven't had them in ages so it was worth mentioning.

So back to the present for now.

I have a new blog design. I would have kept my previous one for longer but there were getting to be quite a lot of people with the same one (because I let people download it, duh) so I decided to try to be original again.

I've got a new song playing too. I've been listening to Downhere lately and this song is one of my favorites. It's kind-of surprising that almost nobody knows about this band, especially since they have such great songs.

This particular song has really great meaning. I mean, how many times have we all felt we were useless? It's nice to remember that God has plans for all of us, and He loves us enough to care about what we're doing.

So I guess that's about it. I'm tired of typing. Bye, everyone!

Daisy on 10/26/2006 05:43:00 PM