This is me.
Murdering my baby :D

LOL, stupid title, I know. But when I used to write stories, I used to call editing "murdering my babies." And I think that applies to my other hobbies too.

I was forced to pull out the skin I submitted yesterday because of copyright concerns. And it wasn't even my fault.

bye bye blogskin

Not that it was Miranda's fault either.

I asked her permission to use that model's picture for a blogskin a few weeks ago, and she said it was no problem. I promised to send her a link when I finished it since she wanted to see it. So I send her the link yesterday...

...and found out a few minutes ago that she's having issues with the model lately, and the model won't let her photo out of deviantart. Sorry, I've got to pull it out.

I felt bitter. That thing took a lot of work (weeks of playing around, in fact). It was one of the most difficult skins because I didn't know what to do with it. I mean, I don't just credit; I go to the trouble of asking permission to use it. I decided to do the right thing and poof... it's Koko Krunch. Did that make sense? LOL.

But I guess that's how life goes, and I'm glad I learned it with something as inconsequential as a blogskin. I'll be glad when Jesus gets back; everything will be fair. Sigh.

I guess God's reminding me about what's really important. I mean, my hobbies are fun but there's lots more to the world (and what He wants me to do) than that. So lesson learned: I'll enjoy my blogskinning and keep it in perspective with other things. And I'll make sure pictures are really usable when I decide to use them before I do all the work.

***

LOL, I got this off Robyn's food blog (a.k.a. The Girl Who Ate Everything). It's a hilarious animated film. Or at least I thought it was.

If it's really strange, all I can say in my defense is that people have thought I'm strange too. After all, I wore mismatched shoes on purpose today. :D Enjoy!



Daisy on 8/30/2006 10:51:00 PM