This is me.
I'm back (again)!

After about two weeks of saying nothing and leaving my blog plastered with pictures of Vietnamese food, I am back. It's been real crazy, actually, pretty busy considering it's summer. But at least I'm doing things I really want to do, right?

Anyway, I was working.


Yep, that's work. I was manning the Redemption Booth --- or Giver of Freebies --- with these two interesting people in a really big sale two weeks ago. Actually, there were others helping out but they weren't available for pictures. If you missed the sale, oh well... It was grueling though.

Which is why I then got a fever right after it was over. I, my sister (who hasn't been working so I can't get why she had it at the same time), and a bunch of other people I met in the sale shared this predicament. It must have been a virus. I felt like a doctor when I said that.

Seriously, my brain was just drained. I couldn't really get out of bed, much less string words together for the dear old blog. It's been a long time since I lost my appetite; I haven't been eating properly until today (when I promptly scarfed more than five slices of pizza but that's another story).

The sale was fun though. I met a lot of people, made some new acquaintances and good friends... (This is where you scroll back up to view the flattering picture of people with their best faces on.) Relationships and stuff like that. I also people-watched, and let me tell you, there are so many colorful people that show up for big sales. Some even shouted at me and almost ruined my day. That's work for you. :)

It's so nice to be really well now though. I can cook again! ^_^

You Are an Excellent Cook


You're a top cook, but you weren't born that way. It's taken a lot of practice, a lot of experimenting, and a lot of learning.

It's likely that you have what it takes to be a top chef, should you have the desire...

Are You A Good Cook?

I took this quiz and it's right on the mark. I just thought I'd post it here since I already mentioned food anyway. :)

---------------

This post is going to be a little long; I've been gone a long time.

I just came back from another church conference. We have the Southern Conference every year, and people from different churches converge to focus on relationships with God. This year, we were hosting it though and there was a lot to do: a lot of typing, violin playing, laminating, and basically making sure nothing went wrong.

It was a really beautiful one. The topic was eternal life, and how God gave it to us to use even now. Jesus said in the Bible that He came to bring us life in the full, and that applies to the now too. We all have eternal life; we just need to make it function (read: spend more time with God and depend on Him). That was really cool to hear.

We also studied how heaven is like from the Bible, and it's more than I could ever have imagined. I always thought it would be a little boring but it's definitely motivated everyone to put more effort in our Christian lives.

I didn't take a lot of pictures of people though. No time, really. We were always practicing for meetings, or trying to get some shut-eye. It was a great way to spend part of my summer though.

Speaking of which, summer's almost ending. I mourn and grovel but I'll probably be just as busy in school anyway. I might as well enjoy it. In the Filipino language, huling hirit na! It means it's the last chance or something like that. I'll miss my flipflops though. *sigh*

Daisy on 5/29/2006 11:44:00 PM