This is me.
A fantabulous birthday :)


My Dad's, I mean.

For his birthday yesterday, we ended up having the priciest meal I think I've ever had in the Philippines.

It was a spontaneous thing, actually. On my father's whim (which was especially catered to for obvious reasons), we cancelled a reservation in another restaurant to try out this seaside place someone he knew owned. I was pretty bummed at first; I'd been looking forward to dinner in that other place.

But the food here was also delicious. My dad called about a reservation, and we ended up getting a meal tailor-made for us! I mean, it was something else to get a special menu with the words "specially prepared for (dad's name) & guests". Who would have thought it?

Two of my dad's friends showed up in the middle of the meal and brought a lot of laughs with them. We enjoyed the red and white wine, and the coffee (or tea, in my case). It was pretty pricey, but it was worth it. "We don't want to be ignorant about these things" or so my dad says.

Either way, he enjoyed his birthday and had loads of fun. So did we, in fact.

It just goes to show that the best-laid plans aren't always best kept.

Daisy on 4/04/2006 10:22:00 PM