This is me.
Snakes & Lion Kings

I had some snake for dinner last week. I haven't had it in a long while.

That was a nice way to begin a post, but pretty true. It was kind-of tough (from the cooking, I guess, not the scaly reptile's fault) but the sauce was delicious. I don't know why that seems to make people do double takes when I say it. I guess the shock generally attributed to such a statement is so foreign to me because I have a cousin who specializes in "exotic cuisine" (if you get my drift).

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty relaxed right now. That's something considering the headache I was having from studying a few hours ago. Watching Lion King and its sequel with my cousins in one sitting did the trick though. It was really funny; I think the last time I watched it, my kiddie brain wasn't developed enough to appreciate the little stupid things (which I really see now). Classic Disney movies are such fun! :) Well, any good movie is fun, really.

I've been reading about Harriet Tubman lately. She's this African American who was notorious for helping slaves escape to freedom about the time of the US Civil War. The biography isn't boring; it sometimes seems like a historical novel (which doesn't happen with bios in my experience).

So here's to Mondays! *raises an imaginary glass of imaginary liquor to an imaginary crowd of imaginary proportions*

Daisy on 2/12/2006 10:11:00 PM