This is me.
This is my nephew.

posing with statues on a road trip

Yes, I have my share of nephews. Well the youngest one (standing at the right on the photo) comes up to me.

"Aunt, how old are you?"

"Twenty."

"Ohhhhhhh." He puts his hand to his gaping mouth in shock. Being eight, he probably remembers how old he was when he learned to count that high.

"Really old, huh?"

"Five more years, and you get to get married!" I stare at him while my cousins listening to the conversation guffaw at this remark.

But he's not done yet.

"Do you have a boyfriend, Aunt?"

"No, I don't." His eyes widen in horror.

"Then find one!"

With that, he runs off to play with my other nephews.

Does he think I'm going to be the proverbial old maid with a house full of cats? What do they teach these kids in school?

Daisy on 8/31/2007 05:53:00 PM