This is me.
New York, New York

Apparently, I was really not supposed to update yesterday. After setting up my internet connection (yay!), my cellphone full of photos then conked out. This gadget that could rival my own digital camera took hours to charge so posting was left until the next day.

I guess that just means there’ll be more to talk about.

So why set up a new internet connection? It’s the new house’s fault.

That’s right. I’m in a new house now, and it’s cool.

Whee!

My aunt moved us to her house a few days ago, and we’ve been zipping around Manhattan since then.

But I’m getting ahead of myself. I think I’d better start with the zoo.


Strangely, I have never been to the Bronx Zoo even after coming to this side of the world a lot of times. It was fun looking at all the animals, and taking their pictures when they happened to stare at me or strike a pose.

Roar? :)


My very dismayed cousin asked me why no one thought these dogs were cute.


There were a lot more photos but I’ll probably just put them up in my DeviantArt account instead of posting them again here.

We also went to the American Museum of Natural History. We came in and were greeted by the tallest dinosaur (bones) I’ve ever seen.


It took a lot of shots to get a picture of it I was satisfied with. It’s so hard to cram everything into the camera’s frame.

Anyway, this was fun too but in a different way. Many of the animals we’d seen the day before were here, and stuffed this time around. I guess that’s how life is: alive one day, and dead the next.

I asked my cousin if she missed home yet.

She thought for a while then said “I miss my dogs.”

“How about your parents?” I asked.

She thinks some more.

“Oh, I miss them too.”

Wonderful.


Anyway, Manhattan. We took one of those red double-decker buses, and went downtown. It was really interesting watching all the people pass by with different nationalities and outfits. It’s pretty contradicting too; ladies cross the street in small tube dresses while others wear thick jackets. Funny.

the tour

We later walked a few blocks for what is supposedly New York’s best cheesecake. I’d walk a few blocks for that.

Lovely, isn’t it?

It was good: just the right amounts cream and cheese. For some reason though, I ordered a slice of cherry cheesecake which I know I didn’t like. And then, I scraped most of the preserves off the cake.

Irrational behavior, really. I should have ordered a plain slice.

Considering the age range of my cousins, we ended up checking a few toy stores. And boy, was it fun! (Yes, this is a 19-year-old talking.)

I mean, no toy store where I come from would have a ferris wheel in it, would it?

Whee!

I guess that’s Toys R’ Us for you. We basically went around looking at tall pirates and the Empire State Building made out of Legos. Was it cool? Definitely.

Looks a little like Jack Sparrow, doesn’t he?


King Kong!


We also explored FAO Schwarz, another toy store. My sister and my cousin bought teddy bears. And what did the rest of us do?


My cousins are calling for playing fun board games now. So I leave you with one more picture to salivate over.


This was my cousin’s burger, actually, and I never bit into it. But it looks good!

I really want to change my blog design but I don't know how to work out HTML on my Mac LOL. I find the Mac's version of Notepad confusing. Oh well, hope I get the hang of it soon.

Daisy on 4/25/2007 11:45:00 PM