This is me.
Back from my trip!

It is seriously great to be back though it took a while to get around to updating my blog.

Maybe I lost the blogging habit. Or maybe because it took me days to learn how to really use my new computer since I've never used a Mac before. It was worth learning though; the resolution and the speed my new computer runs in is much better than my old one.

And my Photoshop program has finally been upgraded!

Well, computer talk aside, the trip to Baguio with friends from church was really great.

It was fun hanging with them and getting to know each other even better. We went to all the tourist spots, stocked up on Baguio's delicacies, and helped each other buy pasalubongs (Tagalog term for gifts to bring home to people when traveling).

We learned about God's love during the meetings, and about how wonderful it is to have Him in our lives. I guess the biggest thing we all learned was that we, as followers of Christ, were living testimonies of Jesus. A lot of people would only know Jesus through the way we acted, so we have to be careful in the way we live.

And it's true. There are a lot of people with no respect for Christians because they've met some of them who don't walk what they talk. And that's really sad because I've learned having a great and loving God in my life gives it real meaning and joy.

We also took a lot of pictures.

In fact, I'm going to tell a story.

Here's a photo of me and some friends: Dexter and Angel. Mercy and Marc were behind the digital camera. It was about 11 pm and we were on the third floor of our apartelle.


Then we all got bored of the generic stand-in-a-group picture. So Dexter suggested we jump. Seriously.

That wasn't right...


and neither was this.

This was about the time my three-inch-or-so heels made my feet hurt. So we stopped to rest in our pursuit of the perfect picture.

Whew!

This was also about the time people from other churches started to pass by, and we started to feel embarrassed. But since we'd already started; we might as well finish, right?

Um, no.


Why don't we change places?

And then... TADA!

Angel, Dexter, and I jump for joy

My cousin Ken thinks it bears a disturbing resemblance to High School Musical. We weren't thinking about that.

Ken and me

We also enjoyed everything nature had to offer in Baguio. It was just really pretty. Just check my DeviantArt account for some of the best shots I got. Some of them aren't up yet though.

Most people who check this blog are aware of the photos I often take of my food. I'm a bit too lazy to put them all up though, so I'll just show you my favorite dessert while we were in Baguio.



Fresh strawberries in rich cream topping a slice of pineapple... Mmmm. It was close to heaven, dear readers. I practically scraped off every dollop of cream from my plate.

I guess that's it for now. I'm tired of posting photos, and the soup I'm cooking is waiting for me at the kitchen.

Oh, look forward to a new layout on this blog soon. I'm getting tired of this one, and I'd like to change it before we head on another trip again.

Bye, everyone, and take care!

Daisy on 4/11/2007 06:10:00 PM