This is me.
My arty side (& some finished projects) :D

"Why didn't you take Fine Arts?"
"Why are you taking an Engineering course?"
"You've got hidden talent. Why don't you shift?"

Just the recent barrage of questions aimed at me.

People like to ask me why I've taken a course in Chemical Engineering. I mean, it's such a logical course with a lot of maths and science. And I'm always drawing, designing stuff, taking photos, writing (blogging included), and other stuff that's just not all that left-brained.

I mean, even my Mom asked me if I wanted to shift. I started to think about it more often, to the point that my Mom and I actually thought of all the other different courses on the planet.

But when it came right down to it, I like my course. I like the high I get when I do get Calculus and Organic Chemistry. I like the people, the atmosphere, and the rest of the deal. I absolutely adore the fact that my hobbies are so different from what I do with the rest of my life. It's fun. :D

My Mom said I might design packaging and write convincingly when I get a real job. And maybe I will. There's no rule that your college course has to be what you'll be doing for the rest of your life.

I mean, look at my mother: the Pharmacy graduate who is now an accountant. And I'm really proud of her. :)

Now on to less serious topics. I didn't go on the computer last night (whoopee me) because I decorated a bunch of notebooks!

Well, two notebooks, actually.



I was looking at notebooks at the bookstore as I usually do. Seriously, it's a hobby for me. I love looking at different covers, fingering paper textures, and grimacing over soaring notebook prices. I have a stack of notebooks waiting to be used in my cabinets. It's very stupid, but there it is.

I'm a closet notebookaholic! OK, so I made that word. But I digress.

So there I was in the bookstore when I got the totally unoriginal idea to buy plain notebooks and do them up myself. This has been done dozens of times by dozens of people but this was the first time I got up the effort to actually do it.

I think the way I blog design just spilled over onto my notebooks.

Maybe the good feelings I get when using notebooks I redid will translate into good feelings for my classes. But then, maybe not. :)

Daisy on 7/11/2006 05:50:00 PM