This is me.
School, messed-up cars, and the like

On the first day of school, I read a lot of novels, took pictures of a friend's jewelry designs for export, walked around in my pajamas, and caught up with friends via cellphone.

one of the photos I took

That's right, I didn't show up for school. Talk about starting on the right foot.

College in my school begins with this quote of wisdom: On the first week of school, no one goes to school. Or at least those that do inevitably sit around waiting for teachers who never come. This hallowed tradition has been going on for years, maybe even before I was born (though I can't prove that).

In fact, I'm supposed to be in school now but why waste time sitting around? School seems to start this Monday anyway.

But I did go in on the second day of school (technically my first day but who's keeping count?). And my car got mauled.

I was leaving the school as I often do, studiously glancing left and right repeatedly like an idiot as I entered the road. Unfortunately, my infallible human radar does not extend to seeing through vehicles innocently stopping so I could pass. I totally missed the speeding white car breaking the rules.

There was a mighty screech (like scratching a blackboard with your nails but much louder) and our cars swapped paint. You know, my blue paint gets on the white car's side and vice-versa. Very irrelevant to the story, but I'll continue.

It was a scary moment. The impact made my car go backwards, and I thank God I didn't hit the one behind me and make things worse. My classmates (incidentally in the car) were well... my classmates. I'm not sure how they were feeling; I was too busy figuring out what I was feeling.

I got pretty shaken up and moved the car. This is not something one is supposed to do. Anyone who watches TV knows the scene of the crime/accident should not be disturbed until the police are through with it. All I can say in my defense is I don't watch TV, and I just wanted to get out of the way.

Sad, really. The other driver could have paid for my car and gotten into loads of trouble if I had stayed. But I forgot.

To make a long story short, the other driver didn't pay me. She did have worse damages though and no insurance to cover it. She even went in the hospital for a while.

If she was honest... but that's a moot point, isn't it? I don't have much faith in human nature. Not that I'm angry or anything; I'm not. That's how a lot of people will act, and you just can't trust anyone to be perfect all the time.

Thank God for Jesus Christ. I prayed a lot and leaned on Him. Even though I felt a little disappointed, I was still thankful. I was safe (and so were my friends). I didn't have to change the whole hood of my car. I wasn't driving a more expensive model.

I mean, God was still taking care of me. And people who don't do the right thing just get what they deserve sometime.

I was cheated, true. But as my Dad says, "It's just money. We have God, and He'll take care of it. God is more important." Or something like that. It's called paraphrasing: different words, same content.

God is good. :)

Daisy on 6/16/2006 03:24:00 PM