This is me.
Summer's last stand

Summer's dying in the Philippines, you know.

I've started to see people wearing school uniforms and toting backpacks in the malls. It's getting traffic again at 7 am and 5 pm --- the time when students check in and out of their prisons, er, schools. ;)

Seeing these signs, I felt I just had to write some sort of ode (obituary?) to the season.

Well, summer was wonderful. I got to do a lot of things I wanted to do (and which are all written down in this humble blog). I did:
OK, so that was a pretty long list. I forgive whoever reads this for skipping that.

And this is important: I also became even sillier than I already used to be.

This was obviously no surprise. Happily, I am not a danger to society and will be locked up quietly in school soon. Soon being this Tuesday.

I'm a little nervous. I don't know why though. It's just school.

My schedule's partly good and partly bad. There are less units this semester but more hours clocked in on weekdays. I don't know how that happened but it did.

We have a little student group meeting on Fridays at 5:30. But class ends at 6:30 now, and I won't be able to go. *pouts and glooms*

On other breaking news, summer's not really over for me. Yet.

I'm going to Dumaguete and Bais tomorrow. It's supposedly known for dolphin watching. I've never heard about it, but I have also been known to be pretty ignorant. It's no great concern.

Anyway, we're going dolphin watching (naturally) provided the dolphins actually show themselves. That is crucial, after all.

They look a little like sharks to me. :)
picture from here

Some people are saying it's not really worth it. We take a long trip by car then barge then car then... Basically between the two, we spend most of our time being transported to different places. But I'm hoping when I see the dolphins, I'll get all teary-eyed and emotionally say it was worth it.

Oh well, it's still a trip.

Lastly, it's the Philippines' Independence Day on June 12. Happy Independence Day everyone! :) So I'm going to stop typing now and start packing.

Daisy on 6/11/2006 01:34:00 AM