This is me.
Island-hopping, & generally having fun! :D

Paradise... :D

Lately, I'm starting to realize how completely picturesque & perfect-for-a-vacation the Philippines is. Not that it wasn't any of those things before. But with everything daily life has to offer (read: school stress, work, city life in general), I think I've forgotten I'm living in a postcard paradise.

I mean, we weren't even an hour's drive away from home & we were already island-hopping last Saturday.

on the boat

Some of my Dad's friends were around with their families from the US (thus the large number of American children surrounding my parents in the picture above). They had already gone to Boracay last week (a really great beach, by the way) but my sister and I couldn't come. School, you know. Priorities. Gloom.

Anyway, island-hopping was a lot of fun as you can see from my Dad here.

WHEE! :)

It was a great way to relax: living the good life & all that. We went to different islands, swam, & ate a lot of good food. OK, so I didn't swim. I did get wet though.

Note the spatters on my shirt that aren't even very clear. ;)

Speaking of food though, look what someone sold us (or tried to sell us, I'm not quite sure).

creepy crawly underwater things

They must have sold some to us. I mean, look what we had for lunch.

Dead creepy crawly expensive abalones

Stupid captions, I know. All I can say is: I'm tired.

Well, we ate...

laughed,

got serenaded,

and had a lot of fun. :)

The pictures speak for themselves.

We had a really great time, and I got to discover my own home all over again. :D

Daisy on 7/03/2006 11:28:00 PM